Thursday, March 19, 2020

Braving Uncertain Times


Tea Enthusiast + Social Distancing 
= Lots of Tea Drinking

On a more serious note, these are uncertain times. The Coronavirus-19 has become a new pandemic causing havoc on a global scale. Cities and countries have implemented lockdowns to various extents in an effort to contain or at the very least slow the pace of the infection amongst the human population. Millions of people have been advised to either self-quarantine or limit their movements and social interaction through the practice of “social distancing”. The stress on everyday life and the escalating fear has created a jarring tension and animosity within society. This has led to unruly and disorderly conduct, giving rise to racism and discrimination as a way of lashing out and looking to place blame. Escalating waves of panic have shaken financial markets, businesses and livelihoods.

Whilst no one can predict what will happen in the future, we can assure ourselves that everything has a beginning and an end. Often times we simply need to ride out the storm. As the world continues to search for answers I thought about what I should be doing. Be vigilant, sensible and responsible is a mantra I have been repeating to myself. Apply this to what needs to be done in maintaining good health and caring for loved ones, and should the need arise be socially responsible. Keeping an eye on the latest news and development whilst maintaining a positive mindset. Don't fully trust everything you hear from the media and maintain a capacity to think for myself. Don't let your imagination run wild. I am sure many of you have the same thoughts running through your mind, least take comfort in knowing you are not alone. Furthermore as a tea enthusiast I fully intend to take advantage of my spare time. Bring out the good stuff. I will be drinking some excellent teas as I ride out the storm :) - Be Strong Stay Safe