Saturday, October 23, 2021

Special Offer for the Holidays - Puerh Sale

 
Dragon’s Breath (an Old Puerh Blend) is the 2nd Release under the OLDIE Collection*
 
The blending of old puerh tea has long captivated my interest and has become my personal undertaking for over the past decade. Practiced leisurely it is a fun and stimulating hobby that can spring more than a few surprises, honing your ability to see tea under a different light. When taken seriously and obsessively it becomes the driving force for countless experimentation, recipe formulations, never-ending tweaks and refinement. As I look back on the endless trail of scattered tea leaves, I take great pride in presenting my most satisfying achievement to date. Dragon’s Breath was originally created for my own drinking pleasure. After sharing it amongst colleagues and receiving a lot of love, I decided to offer this old puerh blend on the blog. Please note that the composition of the blend does not contain any old puerh tea from the 1980s-1990s OLDIE Collection (1st Release) - Varat Phong. -
 
I opted for the name Dragon’s Breath for the trail of mystical incense aroma and warming energy that is the signature of this premium blend. This is a serious blend, composed of old puerh from the 1980s to 1990s that has been meticulously processed in small batches. Upon awakening the dried leaves, a subtle waft of heated incense greets the nose. The richness and opulence of the aroma brings a touch of Kodo "Way of Fragrance" to the tea session. The brew is substantial and thick, possessing sophistication and a depth of complexity that is absorbing. During the course of the tea session the different facets within the brew opens up to notes of rich wood tones, old resins, red fruits, sweet jam, vanillin, a fine minerality whilst maintaining a harmonious balance. The energy of the tea radiates warmth. Closing my eyes I sense an ebb and flow of chi and circulation, revitalizing the body and mind. This is a special treat for the coming holidays.
 
SPECIAL Dragon’s Breath (an Old Puerh Blend)
 Available in 2 Sizes
STANDARD (60g) - US$150
LARGE (300g) - US$675
Payments by PAYPAL
Contact me at varatphong@yahoo.com

1980s and 1990s old puerh tea (Raw/Ripe)
 
"A blend that doesn't drink like a blend"
 
*The OLDIE Collection is my quest to make old puerh tea more affordable and accessible to a wider audience. Having started my puerh tea journey over 20 years ago I was fortunate to come across a market that was relatively unknown and undervalued. The opportunity allowed me to discover and fall in love with the category of old puerh tea without the weight of financial commitment that is often required today. The releases under the OLDIE Collection represent my aspiration to extend that opportunity to tea enthusiasts who wish to discover and explore the magic of old puerh tea.